June 7, 2019

This Upcoming Week…

Monday, 6/10: Students may bring in yearbooks for their friends to sign. We will also have our last PBIS reward (extra recess).

Tuesday, 6/11: Boccabella Park field trip…Wear sunscreen. 11:30 dismissal

Wednesday: Students may bring in board games to share. 11:30 dismissal

Thursday: Movie & popcorn-Students will enjoy a movie with juice and popcorn refreshments. 11:30 dismissal

Movie & Popcorn

On Thursday, June 13th, our class will be enjoying a movie. I felt that popcorn and juice pouches would be a special treat as well. If you are able to provide any of the requested items, please sign up below. I am requesting that donated items be sent to school no later than Wednesday, June 12th. If you are unable to click on a particular item, the item may no longer be needed. Thanks so much!

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4eaaac2ea4f94-movie1

May Super Cougar

Congratulations to Olivia for being our classroom Super Cougar for May. Olivia is Responsible, Respectful, and Safe. She goes above and beyond our PBIS expectations. Way to go, Olivia! Olivia participated in a pizza lunch with Mr. Zielinski and the other May Super Cougars.

Class Lists   

Image result for class lists

It is very important that you are sure your email address is updated in our system as class lists will be updated via MiStar Parent Connect by August 30th.  

School Supply Lists

Suggested school supply lists will be available by the end of June on our district web page (Arno page).  You can also search for Arno Elementary using your zip code at https://www.teacherlists.com/

Summer Slide Prevention Resources

Please take advantage of the following literacy opportunities available to Arno students:
Arno Summer Book Swap
On Monday, students received a backpack, reading log, and three grade level books to read this summer. Reading and recording their minutes will earn them multiple prizes! Every other week, Arno students are invited to come to the front entrance of the school to find something different to read AND enjoy a popsicle with an Arno teacher! Please join us at 12:00p.m.-1:00p.m. on the following dates listed below:
June 24
July 8, 22
August 5, 19
Reading books and logs are to be returned to school by Friday, September 13, 2019 to be awarded prizes.
Allen Park Public Library Summer Reading Program

Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program

This program is here to help you on your way, encouraging you to read books of your own choosing and earn a FREE book, simply by following these three easy steps:

1. Read any eight books this summer and record them in your Summer Reading Journal. Tell us which part of the book is your favorite, and why.
2. Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between August 1st and August 31stFind a Store
3. Choose your FREE booke from the book list featured on the back of the journal.

Summer Math Review
Students in Mrs. Kalis class are receiving a hard copy of the math review packet. This packet is full of activities that correlate to fourth grade Common Core standards. Please use this as a tool throughout the summer to keep up your child’s math skills so that they are more successful in fifth grade. I remember waking up in the summer, and my mom would have a math workbook open and the pages were labeled with the day’s date. I had to complete the necessary pages before beginning other fun activities. One summer, my mom did this and I was able to earn tickets that I could redeem for increments of time to watch tv. These are just a couple ideas. The possibilities are endless!