Monday, October 25th
- Guyot Special Class: Media Technology (Computers)
- Kalis Special Class: Media Literature (Library)
- Warneck Special Class: Music
Tuesday, October 26th
- Guyot Special Class: Art
- Kalis Special Class: Music
- Warneck Special Class: Physical Education (Gym)
Wednesday, October 27th
- Social Studies Test
- Guyot Special Class: Media Literature (Library)
- Kalis Special Class: Physical Education (Gym)
- Warneck Special Class: Media Technology (Computers)
Thursday, October 28th
- Metroparks Social Studies Presentation on The Three Fires
- PBIS Monthly Reward- HAT DAY!
- Pop’s Bridge Comprehension Quiz
- Pop’s Bridge Vocabulary Quiz
- Weekly Reading HW Due (That Cat!)
- Guyot Special Class: Music
- Kalis Special Class: Media Technology (Computers)
- Warneck Special Class: Art
Friday, October 29th
- Halloween Parade 10:00am
- Half Day (11:30 Dismissal)
- Guyot Special Class: Physical Education (Gym)
- Kalis Special Class: Art
- Warneck Special Class: Media Literature (Library)
English Language Arts
In third grade we will use an anchor text for 2 weeks. In the first week, students will use the text to build vocabulary knowledge as well as utilize comprehension strategies to understand the text. Both vocabulary knowledge and understanding of the text will be assessed on the first Friday. The second week will focus on spelling, grammar, and writing skills. Spelling words and grammar will be assessed on the second Friday of our story. In addition, students will explore phonetic patterns each week. Please note that vocabulary words are listed in the graphic below.
Weekly Reading Assignment
This homework assignment was sent home on Friday, October 15th. Please stress the skills of reading the story and looking back in the story to answer the questions. Thank you!
Time to get those costumes on the kids and come on down to Arno on Oct. 29 at 10:00 for our annual Halloween Parade. Our route will take us out of the 5th grade doors that morning, making a loop on the inside perimeter of the playground. Please join us around the outside perimeter of the playground for the best seats, unfortunately we will not be allowing classroom visits that day. It is a district PD day with an 11:30 dismissal that morning.
As usual, your child should pack a healthy snack to enjoy during our daily snack time. Students may choose to also bring in a prepackaged treat/candy for their classmates to take home. Each class has 26 students.
Students have been given their district provided chromebooks. These chromebooks should be charged and ready to go for the next day! It is very difficult to charge all 25 chromebooks in the classroom since we are limited on outlets, and spacing.
Please make sure that the chromebooks are put back in their backpacks to bring back to school EACH DAY! Coming to school without the chromebook makes in-class activities difficult to complete if the students do not have the necessary materials. We do have 2 classroom Chromebooks that can be used in an emergency! But something to keep in mind: if 4 students forget their chromebook, 2 isn’t enough to solve the problem! Please help your child remember the necessary materials while they get back into a routine!
PBIS Monthly Reward
The October PBIS Monthly Reward is HAT DAY on Thursday, October 28th. Students who had 6 or fewer color changes and did not visit the office for behavior will be allowed to wear a hat to school on Thursday!
Did you know that you can check to see if they are turning in work and view your child’s grades through Parent Connect? It is a great way to check and make sure that when you child tells you they don’t have any homework – they really don’t have any homework! If you need PIN and password, contact Mrs. Cathy Anderson in the school office!
Info on Parent Connect from the district website:
- You must have a PIN and Password to log into ParentConnection.
- ParentConnection is a web program that allows parents to view information about their child.
- To receive a PIN and passwords for ParentConnection contact your child’s school.
- If you have more than one account to view your children, please contact the school office.
- Make sure to insert your email after logging into ParentConnection. Inserting your email will allow you to access the automated password reminder system
We will be updating the grades in the gradebook throughout the week. Please be sure to check in and see how your child is doing with the content and work completion.
If you find your child is struggling with work completion or any particular skill, feel free to take advantage of FREE tutoring. Further information is given in the flyer below.
Please remember that mastery of multiplication and division facts is the goal for the end of third grade. The report card will be marked accordingly. Students should be completing a session of ReflexMath daily. We try to fit it in during the school day, but this is not always possible. Please remind your child after school in case it hasn’t been completed yet for the day. So far, here are the classroom stats:
Congratulations goes out to Vera G! She mastered all of her addition and subtraction facts this past week. She will move on to multiplication and division. Keep up the great work, Vera!
Please remind your child to pack an extra mask or 2 in his/her backpack. We do have extras in the classrooms but we have been going through them very quickly. If you would like to donate masks to our classrooms, we would very grateful. Thank you for your help!
Summer Reading Program Participants
Kudos to our third grade Summer Reading Program participants. They will receive McDonald’s lunch with Mr. Zielinski!