April 18, 2019

4th Grade Choir Concert

Our spring vocal concert is a month away so we sent out the letter and permission slips this week. The concert is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, May 14th, 2019- 6:30pm @ Allen Park Center for the Arts. Students must arrive by 6:00p.m.
For the day of the concert (5/14), we will be taking the bus over to the Center for the Arts  from 9:00-10:30am to practice. Please see the permission slip below. All permission slips are due by Thursday, May 2nd.
Both Mr. Hoffman and Mr. Skebo are looking forward to another successful and fun performance with the kids.

Math Extra Credit

At the beginning of Chapter 12, students were given a Chapter 12 Reteach Packet. This is an extra credit opportunity that I encouraged them strongly to complete. Extra credit can only help, not harm a student’s grade. I am including a copy below in case it mysteriously disappears. To earn the extra credit, this packet must be completed and returned no later than the day of the Chapter 12 Test, which is a couple weeks away.

Chapter 12 Reteach (Extra Credit)

On Fridays, fourth graders will bring home 12 M-STEP vocabulary words to study at home and an extra credit crossword puzzle. If students complete and return the extra credit crossword puzzle, they will earn 1 extra credit point on the quiz. On Fridays, the students will be quizzed on these words. When your child earns 80% or better on Friday’s quiz, he/she will earn a charm for his/her M-STEP charm necklace. Students will be quizzed on Friday, April 26th.

Week 12 MSTEP Vocabulary & Crossword

Your child’s weekly homework will include M-STEP practice packets. If your child earns an 80% or better on their M-STEP practice weekly homework, they will earn a charm towards their M-STEP charm necklace. Homework packets were sent home on Thursday and will be due back to school by the next Thursday.

MSTEP 4 Homework Packet #7 due 4/25

Weekly Reading 

Every Friday, your child is assigned reading material for the week. This assignment will be in the form of an electronic article using ReadWorks (login info is in your child’s planner) or an issue of Scholastic News. Your child is required to read and answer questions that are Common Core based. Similar questions will appear on the M-STEP. The electronic submission or separate questions worksheet is due by the following Thursday. All short answer questions MUST be answered in complete sentences and contain proper punctuation in order to earn full credit. If your child doesn’t submit or return the reading homework by Thursday, he/she will stay in from Friday Rewards to complete the assignment.

ReadWorks Article: Your Recycled House due 3/25

Last Call: Scholastic Reading Club Orders

Before winter break, students were gifted a FREE Book Coupon (up to a $5 value). I have many students that still need to redeem their coupons for free books. This may be a great opportunity to acquire summer reading material. I have all of the students’ coupon codes, so there is no need to turn it in to me. Just simply email me the title of a qualifying book (up to a $5 value) from the Scholastic flyers or website OR you may contact me for your child’s coupon code.

This is a great opportunity to order reading materials for your child as well support our classroom. Click on the link below to get started.

• VISIT  http://scholastic.com/readingclub
  • ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code: PD4K9
  • SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books and value packs
  • SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom

Please remember to notify me if your order includes a gift. This way, I can hide the contents before sending it home.

DTE Energy Safe Kids Presentation               

Your child participated in an Energy Safe Kids presentation today. In an effort to encourage safety at home, students will come home with an informational tri-fold flyer. Please read it over and complete the suggested activities included. You will complete an online survey (info below) or contact me to request a Household Safety Scan Form to complete by hand.

For online submission, please follow the instructions below.

The Teacher ID is 95269.
The Teacher Name is Kalis.
Then complete your survey. Please email me the confirmation number you receive upon submission.
Please complete the Household Safety Scan Form online or return a paper copy (by request only) to school by Friday, May 3rd.